Recently we have received many phone calls from insureds who have suffered property claims but are experiencing a situation that is occurring more and more.
Today a call came in and the man mentioned:
- He lived in an area where a weather disaster struck months ago. A sales person representing an”adjuster’ rang his doorbell and said he could help him with his roof problem.
- He was told that the adjuster would contact him
- The adjuster would bring in his “sister” company to write the estimate.
- It is recommended the insured use the sister company
- This adjuster was going to charge an inflated fee for the services, and also made it known that this fee (25%) was due whether the insured used his contractor or not. When these sister companies complete repair for the property basically this may be considered double dipping, or kickback payments.
You always want to make sure:
- The Public Adjuster you hire has a current license in the State.
- The Public Adjuster, their firm, has solid real reviews. (Not just Joe Smith “they did a good job”)
- The Public Adjuster is charging a fair fee for their services. Typical percentages range from 10 – 15%.
- The Public Adjuster may disclose their relationship with other companies they plan to bring in to submit your claim, you may want to use caution when you are made aware of this.
AJR Public Adjusters is an Arizona Licensed Public Insurance Adjuster with over 30+ years representing policyholders with insurance claims.
AJR WEBSITE 602-795-5227